The Inn thankfully experienced no damage at all. Update Sept 25 – Over 90% of impacted Vermont roads are now open including all roads from Route 89 into Waitsfield and the surrounding area.
All area attractionsand most restaurants are fully operational and ready to welcome you.
Frequently asked questions:
Area Attractions Open & Waiting Your Visit
- Ben & Jerry’s Factory, Waterbury
- Montpelier State House
- Shelburne Museum
- Shelburne Farms
- Vermont Teddy Bear Factory
- Long Trail Brewery
- Magic Hat Brewery
- Sugarbush Golf Course & Resort
- Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks
- Billings Farm & Museum
Highways and Scenic By-Ways open
This is not an inclusive list – just popular roads around us that people know and love!
- Route 89 from Boston and all points north is unaffected.
- Route 100 South from Route 89 to Warren.
- Route 100 North from Warren to points North East (Stowe, Newport, Morrisville)
- Scenic by-way Route 17 (our location)
- Lincoln Gap Road (scenic road very close to us)
- East Warren Road (scenic road very close to us)
- Bragg Hill Road (scenic road very close to us)
The three bridges within 5 minutes’ of the Inn are just as beautiful as before!
All the restaurants listed in our Dining Guide are open
How To Help
While the majority of properties in central Vermont and the upper reaches of the Mad River Valley did not suffer severe damage, low-lying friends and neighbors were not as lucky. To help with the tremendous relief effort that is currently taking place in these areas, please visit the Mad River Valley Community Fund. Your contributions, large or small, will help the amazing recovery effort that is underway.