Nowhere in New England is more beautiful than Sugarbush and Mad River Glen in Vermont when the majestic mountains and the Mad River Valley is blanketed in winter white crisp Vermont snow. Snowshoe, take a memorable horse drawn sleigh ride, cross country ski, ski Sugarbush or ski Mad River Glen. The freshness is always totally invigorating and exactly what makes New England and Vermont winter getaways so special. Let’s not forget soothing massages and hot chocolate too!
Skiing and Snowboarding
Two of the best resorts in New England are just 5 minutes’ from our bed and breakfast inn: Sugarbush Resort & Mad River Glen
Sugarbush Resort – “Be Better Here”
- Elevation 4,083’
- 6 Mountain Peaks, 2 Terrain Parks
- 111 trails, 4,000+ acres
- Average annual snowfall 269” (6.83 meters)
- Cabin Cat First Track Adventures
- Brand New Children’s Ski School
- Best deal order tickets on-line 2 days prior to arrival
Mad River Glen – “Ski It You Can”
- Elevation 3,637’
- 45 trails, legendary “glades” terrain
- Skiing only, no snowboarding
- A skier owned co-operative
- The infamous single chair!
- Ski Monday to Friday for huge savings
Nordic Cross Country Ski Centers & Snowshoeing
Ole’s Cross Country & Blueberry Lake Cross Country Areas
- 8-15 minutes from Tucker Hill Inn
- Rentals and Lessons
- Groomed and untouched trails for a backcountry experience
- Dedicated snowshoeing
- Views of the Green Mountains, Sugarbush, tumbling waterfalls and active beaver ponds
Snowshoeing at the Inn
The Millbrook Trail starts at the Inn and follows wooded terrain into the Green Mountains stretching into the Catamount Trail for the more adventurous. Use your snowshoes or ours!
Other Favorite Winter Activities
Sleigh Rides & Dog Sled Tours
October Siberian Huskies
Mountain View Sleigh Rides
Ice Skating at the Skatium
Clearwater Sports & Mad River Rocket Sledding Adventures
Less Strenuous Activities
Fireplace Suites & Hot Chocolate
Spas, Massages & Pampering
Galleries, Shops & Antiques
Waitsfield and Warren offer the visitor a wonderful eclectic shopping experience of small independently owned artisan stores featuring quilts, crafts, antiques, speciality foods, fine art, books and much more. Our favorites include: Mad River Glass, The Store, The Collection and the Artisans Gallery.
In addition small day spas flourish offering amazing massages to exquisite facials. Our favorites include: Mad River Massage, Afterglow Day Spa, Appearances and Complexions.