Vermont summer getaways are perfect for the whole family. Getaways at Tucker Hill in the beautiful Mad River Valley always includes a variety of on-site activities from swimming in the Inn’s lovely private pool to tennis on the beautiful red-clay courts. With a seemingly endless list of very affordable summer activities and events in the Mad River Valley, we dare anyone to say on a Vermont summer getaway “I’m bored”!
Vermont Average Daily Highs & Lows (°F/°C)
For Those Seeking the Lazy Hazy Days of Summer in getaways
- Waitsfield Farmers Market every Saturday morning
- Mad River Craft Festival – Labor Day Weekend
- Celebrate the 4th with fireworks, the Warren Parade, a magnificent airshow and much more
- British Invasion Car Festival – Mid September
The Arts & Attractions
- Vermont Festival of the Arts – Through out August
- Green Mountain Opera Festival – June
- Great Theater all summer long – Commons Group at the Skinner Barn, Valley Players & Lost Nation in Montpelier.
- Nearby Museums, Food Tastings & Factory Tours
- Let’s not forget Ben & Jerry’s – a “must visit” on all summer getaways which is just a short drive north of us and is recognized as one of the Top 10 tour experiences in the country.
- Explore Scenic Drives & Covered Bridges
- Retail Therapy – meander around the area’s amazing artisan shops, galleries and antique stores
- Pamper Me – Start relaxing and rejuvenate with a facial or massage at one of the delightful boutique spas in the area.
- Join us for the world’s most beautiful marathon: The Mad Marathon – early July.
For the Outdoor Enthusiast
The area is renowned for some of the best biking in Vermont and attracts world-class professionals for races, such as the Green Mountain Stage Race. For the less serious biker there are wonderful relatively flat rides as well as mountain trails to be enjoyed.
- Easy to moderate rides www.madriverriders.com
- Road and mountain bike rentals visit Clearwater Sports
- Our favorite family mountain bike experience – take the lift at Sugarbush and ride from Lincoln Peak on marked trails to the base!
- Long Trail – 5 minutes from the Inn
- Area Hikes: Green Mountain Club
- Direct Access from Inn to Millbrook Trail, part of Mad River Path Association
- Guided hikes and naturalist walks also available. Advance reservations required.
- Vermont Icelandic Horse Farm is 5 minutes from the Inn
- USA Today: “10 great places to go horseback riding”
- 7 Swimming Holes within 10 minutes of the Inn
- Take time to “tube” down the Mad River
- Bring your kayak or canoe and enjoy the peace and tranquility of Blueberry Lake
- For private or group kayak or canoe packages, visit Clearwater Sports
- Fly and spin fishing, beginners to expert, kids to adult
- Pristine Vermont waters (we have lots of rivers and lakes)
- Rainbow, brook or brown trout, landlock salmon, small mouth bas or northern pike
- One day and Half Day instruction, visit the FlyRod Shop
- 1 hour sightseeing rides to full instructional programs for adults and young adults
- Don’t miss their annual air show, part of the area’s July 4th celebration.
- 5 minutes from the Inn
- Robert Trent Jones Course
- Amazing Views
Call the Inn for pricing and packages on summer getaways today.