Seven Bridges, Classic Vermont
(Driving Time Without Stops: 2 hours or less)
WAITSFIELD – MORETOWN – NORTHFIELD – WARREN – WAITSFIELD
Overview: A relatively short drive over or passing 7 covered bridges for those seeking a feel for the area, its scenery and its famous covered bridges without wishing to dedicate a whole day to this exploration.
- From Tucker Hill, turn right onto Route 17 and follow to junction of Route 100
- Bear left onto Route 100 north and drive 1 mile to Bridge Street
- Turn right onto Bridge Street and cross the GREAT EDDY BRIDGE
- Continue along Bridge Street for 0.3 miles
- Turn slight left onto Joslin Hill Road
- At 1.2 miles turn left onto North Road, at 0.8 miles you will arrive at PINE BROOK COVERED BRIDGE.
- Continue on North Road. At 2.4 miles North Road becomes Pony Farm Road. Continue driving for 1 mile then turn right onto VT 100B.
- At 0.4 miles turn right onto Moretown Mountain Road. At 6.4 miles Moretown Mountain Road becomes Cox Brook Road. Drive 1.8 miles to UPPER COX BROOK COVERED BRIDGE.
- Continue along Cox Brook Road and you arrive at NEWELL BRIDGE also known as LOWER COX BRIDGE. The view through the Newell Bridge to Northfield Falls Bridge is the only spot in Vermont where you can view one covered bridge from another!
- Drive through the STATION COVERED BRIDGE to VT-12.
- Turn right onto VT-12 and follow for approx. 3 miles. Bear right onto Route 12A. At 1.5 miles turn right onto Stony Brook Road where you will see the MOSELY COVERED BRIDGE
- Retrace your steps back to VT-12A and turn right. Travel 4.4 miles then turn right onto Warren Mountain Road.
- At 5.7 miles turn left onto Brook Road then continue 2.3 miles to Warren Village.
- Bear left onto Main Street
- Head south on Main Street 0.2 miles then turn right onto Covered Bridge Road and cross the LINCOLN GAP BRIDGE
- Continue on, and take a right onto VT 100. At 4.9 miles turn left onto VT-17 and Tucker Hill Inn is 1 mile along on the right hand side