Guide to discounts, ski packages and deals helping stretch your ski and snowboarding dime to the max.
The most searched term! We do not offer ski packages as discounted tickets are not made available to us. However the following inn-sight will give you the full picture of the BEST deals we know of without having to commit to skiing either Sugarbush or Mad River Glen more than 48 hours ahead of arrival.
Simply ski when possible mid-week. Special room rates/multiple day stay deals exist and the longer you can stay at one inn or bed and breakfast, the better your chances are of a great deal. While Sugarbush and Mad River Glen are literally 5 minutes from the Inn, Killington, Stowe and Bolton Valley are within 45 minutes or less. Lift tickets at resorts are cheaper too mid week – Mad River Glen and Bolton Valley have special mid-week rates saving you up to 30% per day. One of the best deals in 2013 - $30 Thursdays every week at Sugarbush’s Mount Ellen Excluding Presidents Week.
48 HOURS AHEAD & KNOW YOUR SKI AREAS
Order On-Line AT LEAST 48 HOURS AHEAD OF FIRST DAY OF SKIING
- www.sugarbush.com E-Tickets save 10% (e.g. Weekend: $89 to $80, Midweek $84 to $76)
- www.madriverglen.com 8% to 30% off all times (e.g. Weekend $69 to $48, Midweek $49 to $39)
Be familiar with the resort area you plan to ski as there are no refunds! Examples -
- Mad River Glen does not allow snowboarding
- Sugarbush consists of two mountains – Lincoln Peak and Mt. Ellen. All Mountain Passes allow access to all runs, a Mt. Ellen ONLY pass gives access to 45 runs at Mt Ellen and is typically $10-$15 less than the All Mountain pass. (Last time we skiied we managed 18 runs and never did the same run twice)
RIDE & SKI CARD: This card is available at http://www.rideandskine.com/Home.html for $49. Not only will you save but you will benefit the Childrens Hospital at Dartmouth. Savings on ski resorts throughout New England. Local savings with card and vouchers that come with it include:
- 2 for 1 at Sugarbush, Monday through Friday, Non Holiday
- 2 for 1 at Mad River Glen, Monday through Friday including Holidays
- $10 off lift tickets at Bolton Valley, valid any time.
ADD A DAY
Extend your weekend visit by a day…it may seem like common sense but most people disappear home late Sunday morning. Lift lines on Sunday afternoon are always non-existent and if you cost out your ski ticket based on runs, Sunday afternoon is a bargain in the making! Mad River Glen also have a great deal based on a three-day ski pass (Saturday, Sunday and Monday) with your Monday pass basically being $1 if it’s purchased with a weekend pass.
MAKE THE MOST OUT OF DISCOUNT DAYS
Browse the Calendars on Mad River Glen and the Sugarbush Resort web-sites. Both frequently contain “hidden” detail about days when ski tickets are heavily discounted. Examples -
- Mad River Glen “Roll Back the Clock Day” – Tuesday January 29th 2013- Tickets $3.50
- Mad River Glen Valentines Day – February 14th, 2013 (or close) – Kiss at the booth and ski 2 for 1
- Sugarbush St Patricks Day – March 17th (or close) – Tickets $17.00
We cannot emphasize this enough! If you know you are taking a winter vacation this winter, look at the offers available in November and EARLY December….this is when the real savings are to be had.
- Acquire a SugarDirect Card. Deadline December 17, 2012 – $99. Features: one free All Mountain Lift Ticket (value $88), 25% off midweek and 20% off weekend and holiday all mountain lift tickets (adults), plus more! www.sugarbush.com
- Acquire Mad River Glen “Mad Cards”. Deadline December 15, 2012 – $144. Features: three transferable lift tickets, valid anytime (regular weekend ticket $69, holiday $72)
Become a Facebook fan of your favorite Inn and ski resort (“Like Us” now). If there’s a last minute offer or special that becomes available, you can be sure our fan base learns about it first.
Ask your favorite innkeepers for advice! We will always give up to the minute impartial advice on the best deals…we are not paid commission nor employed by any mountain resort!
Hopefully this “innsight” has helped you save a dime or two on your next visit so that in the words of Sugarbush and Mad River Glen, you can “be better here” and “ski it if you can”! Enjoy the winter.